Auto Keywords and Description Generator
This plugin is pretty straight forward and simply auto generates keywords and description meta tags for search engine optimization. Not all templates seem to include this feature and as a result I felt the need to create a plugin to do the job. Once installed simply activate the Plugin through the Installed plugins screen and you are pretty much done. The options screen is optional but recommended since it affects your default page which will tell any search engine what your entire site is about.
I have added additional support for people like me who have several static pages as well as their post pages. You can now specify Keywords and Descriptions for any static page including the home page. From the settings screen you can see all of your static pages and change the information for any one of them. If you rename a page later on, no big deal the plugin uses page ids so as long as you do not delete the page its keywords will always follow it.
Please leave me any feedback as this is my first wordpress plugin I am more then willing to take pointers and tips.
- v1.3 – Fixed bug where 2.9.1 inserts <P> into category descriptions.
- Added Author Tag to posts and allow user to turn it off
- Updated output to not add extra commas to the end of keyword string
- Fixed bug where homepage information was not being saved
- v1.1 – Fixed issue with links
- v1.0 – Initial Release submitted to Codex.Wordpress.org
24 Responses to “Auto Keywords and Description Generator”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.